MUSTER – Mutual Understanding, Support, Tolerance, Engagement and Respect
We have successfully established RAIN social enterprise in the past two years. The whole process started with the two year MUSTER project funded and supported by the Australian Government.
Under the efficient guidance of Dr Gunu Naker, the garden committee had regular Working Bee group activities with volunteers actively participating in growing and harvesting vegetables and herbs. Workshops were held in discussing effective usage of the produce and the medicinal and nutritional benefits. Seniors were thrilled to have an opportunity to share their skills in using fresh garden vegetables in cooking and participated enthusiastically in discussing variations to traditional recipes. Connected workshops were conducted such as harvesting ginger and turmeric and preparing pickles out of them, discussing labelling designs using the support of care givers and volunteers. Relevant information was provided through organised meetings.
Story Sharing Event
- Planning for a grand finale celebration to share success stories, inviting seniors, new migrants and carers to talk about their learning experiences throughout this project
- The stories for the finale are sure to be interesting as we are sharing thoughts of older people who are restricted to their homes with no social activities or connections. Their eagerness to talk about matters relevant to their present situations, the fear of future and issues they are facing will shape the story content for the finale.
We are extremely thankful to the Australian Government for the funding given to us for this project which helps us continue during emergency times when the needs are immense and truly essential and support given is very much appreciated.
COMMONWEALTH HOME SUPPORT PROGRAMME
- To build community resilience through increasing the ability of communities to connect and support each other through both opportunity and adversity.
- To empower communities to identify and provide local solutions to local issues and support their people to improve their wellbeing.
- Running of regular recipe sharing and cooking workshops.
- Engaging participants and involving senior and volunteers to plan and conduct workshops.
- Ongoing cooking sessions to make food for sale.
- Cooking workshops with multicultural participants.
- Involving seniors and the garden committee in growing, harvesting and preparing spices/herbs/vegetables for the future.
- Providing opportunities to connect and support each other through adverse circumstances of Covid-19 isolation.
- Training sessions on relevant skills development to be organised with teaching organisations.
- Producing marketable products.
- Establishing good working relationships with a range of organisations.
- Creating purchasing guidance and establish lasting connectivity with ingredient and packing material providers (market place partnering).
- Discussion sessions to produce marketable products.
- Marketing and selling food products.
- Identifying sales strategies to promote amongst the seniors living in the nearby areas.
- Delivering effective promotion and advertisement on websites, Facebook etc.
Support During the Pandemic
Commonwealth Home Support Package
Funded by the Australian Government.
Under this program RAIN organises activities for frail seniors, designed to develop, maintain or support their capacity for independent living as well as social interaction, conducted in the safe setting of our day centre or on organised outings.
in home aged care Packages
Government funded packages for in-home aged care services.
Under this program RAIN provides government funded Home Care packages for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Senior Australians of the Indian Sub–Continent community with special needs.
MUSTER aims to build community resilience through increasing the ability of communities to connect and support each other through both opportunity and adversity. The garden committee has regular group activities with volunteers actively participating and sharing their skills growing and harvesting vegetables and herbs.